All about the Operation..

Welcome to me. I started this blog as an extention of status updates posted on my facebook account. "Operation:Doin Me" is a collection of self-empowerment tips supported by scriptures from the Bible. Every day the Lord teaches me something about myself and, I in turn, post them online as a way of "paying it forward". My hope is that someone will read and benefit from the life lessons posted here and teach someone else. Happy reading!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Heed the Lord's calling..

So tonight was the most amazing worship service I've been to ever! My church (Covenant Worship Center in Berkeley, Ca) had a foot washing ceremony to demonstrate the humility the Lord showed to the disciples. After we had each performed the ceremony on someone else, the Spirit of the Lord moved in such a mighty way that our whole church spent the next hour in corporate worship! I began to hear the voice of the Lord as I was in worship telling me to go over and pray and make peace with someone I'd been struggling to forgive for a long time. At first, I couldn't move. But then I thought back to when I'd told the Lord how much I wanted Him to use me, how I was making a vow to dedicate my life to His kingdom business. So I went over and took his hand and begin to pray. I felt the Spirit move in such a strong way. I knew I would never be able to move past the hurt this person caused me but for my love and adoration for the Lord. I was just sitting there thinking "For real, Jesus?! You want  me to do what with whom??". I tell you, Jesus does not play fair sometimes but it's all worth it. I felt powerful beyond measure. I felt like I had finally conquered my emotions. I'm not a slave to how I feel anymore and my flesh does not control me. God gave me the greatest gift tonight. He gave me the gift of me and for that I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment