All about the Operation..

Welcome to me. I started this blog as an extention of status updates posted on my facebook account. "Operation:Doin Me" is a collection of self-empowerment tips supported by scriptures from the Bible. Every day the Lord teaches me something about myself and, I in turn, post them online as a way of "paying it forward". My hope is that someone will read and benefit from the life lessons posted here and teach someone else. Happy reading!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

renewal, rediscovery, reawakening

I've been DYING to tell someone about the new things I've been learning but I didn't wanna sound like I was bragging about myself. Then I thought "DUH, Tanya! You have a blog dedicated to yourself and what the Lord has been telling you" LOL! So here I go. I've really been digging intensely into what my name means and what my Spiritual gift is and what my purpose on this planet is. I can't say that I have it all figured out but I can say that God has completely expanded the realm of my possibility. I've made really scary decisions about projects I wanna take on in 2011 and lifestyle changes I wanna make. I'd be lying if I said I was afraid of the work ahead though. I know part of me is destined for this. How do I know? Well, if you research "Tanya", you'll find that it doesn't have an actual meaning. But once upon a time, there was a guy with a version of my name who was a Christian writer. I found this out after I'd decided to take up this blog and possibly write a book. So, really this stuff runs in my blood. I even like the fact that my name doesn't have a man made definition. That tells me that God will define it according to the plan He has for my life. I was watching The Closer and one of the characters said "meaning isn't something you find, it's something you give". I can give myself whatever meaning I want. I will be great because that's what He's calling me to be. The freedom and power that comes with that revelation knowledge is indescribable. God really is on the move in my life and I feel so honored. The great thing is that the anointing that's over my life is available to any and every one that wants it. All you have to do is commit yourself to His service, accept Him as your personal savior and life according to His standards. Voila! Sure, it means giving up some things and people in exchange for a life of holiness but I can't say that I miss any part of my old life. The fact that He talks to me, through answered prayers, dreams, visions, assignments, thoughts, and other people WAY makes up for anything I've had to give up. My life has taken on a direction I never would have thought possible all because I decided to follow Christ. I invite all of you to invest in the ministry and discover your gifts. You will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment